Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tweaking crank forward #1

My first crank forward and only folding (or should I say collapsable?) bike had a road fork and a 26x1.75" tire up front with a 26x2" in back. One of the junk bikes in the basement had a nice fat mountain bike fork so I painted that and replaced the skinny road fork and the medium sized tire with the wide fork and a nice fat tire. I liked the new arrangement so well I started thinking I might put a triple crank (22 32 42) on this bike and give it even better off road ability. The rear brake cable and rear derailler cable on this bike have home built disconnects for when the frame is spit in two for transporting so I made up another disconnect for the front derailler when it is added. Here are a picture of the pieces and of the cable as connected.




No comments: